KAUST Office of Competitive Research Funds (OCRF) is pleased to announce the Round 3 competition for its internal competitive research funding program, the Competitive Research Grant (CRG) program, funded by the University Research Fund and open to all KAUST Faculty.
OCRF invites you to submit Proposals for novel, curiosity-driven scientific research of the highest quality. Research funded under the CRG program is expected to lead to advances, if not transformations, in the frontiers of knowledge, and should address important challenges for the benefit of the Kingdom and society at-large. Proposals crossing boundaries between different disciplines and fields are strongly encouraged.
Additionally, a key objective of KAUST-funded internal competitive research programs is to catalyze a world-class collaborative ecosystem both in the Kingdom and worldwide. Hence, the inclusion of external academic and industrial collaborators, providing key expertise and significant leveraging of resources to the Project, is allowed. In addition, the inclusion of initiatives and goals in Proposals for recruiting graduate students and enhancing the participation of women is encouraged and will receive special attention.
Please note that proposals must not duplicate other KAUST- or externally-funded projects, in particular, the CRG program cannot be used to fund KAUST Center-related research activities; the Centers will have the ability to support mission-relevant research from their own science or seed budgets.
Two types of Proposals will be considered for funding under the CRG program:
- Exploratory Proposals: Proposals for very early stage small-scale, short-term, high-risk research projects, involving radically different approaches or applying new expertise (with a maximum Award Budget up to USD $350,000 over a maximum duration of 24 months).
- Full Proposals: Proposals for high-quality, novel, ambitious and innovative research projects (with a maximum Award Budget up to USD $1,500,000 over a maximum duration of 36 months).
Announcement Release/Posted Date
Proposal/Budget Due to KAUST Office of Research Services (ORS) by 5:00 p.m. KSA time
Anticipated Funding Decision Notification Date
Anticipated Earliest Award Start Date
April 9, 2014
June 5, 2014
Proposals submitted after this date will not be accepted.
October 30, 2014
January 1, 2015
Call for Proposals
Proposal Submission Documents
- Template 1 - KAUST ORS Proposal Approval Form (KAUST Lead PIs only)
- Template 2 - Statement of Intent to Collaborate (External Collaborators only)
- Template 3 - Proposal Template
- Template 4 - Biographical Information Template
- Template 5 - KAUST Current and Pending Other Support Form
- Template 6 - Proposal Budget Summary Template
Useful Links :
Proposal Submission Guidance
Please direct all questions related to Proposal preparation and Proposal budget development and submission to Office of Research Services (ORS) Pre-AwardTeam at email@example.com
OCRF encourages your active participation and wishes you the best in this competition.