The Office of Sponsored Research is pleased to announce the 2021 Call for Proposals for the Conferences and Workshops Support (CS) program.
Events supported under the program must enhance the global profile and impact of KAUST in science and engineering and help attract faculty, researchers and students to the University. KAUST is especially interested in funding events that accomplish the following:
- Enhance KAUST visibility and international standing.
- Focus on cutting-edge interdisciplinary research topics that align with KAUST's research and education mission, and encourage discourse of new and unpublished results.
- Provide excellent training and networking opportunities for KAUST faculty, researchers and students.
- Engage women, Saudi nationals/institutions, and young researchers as speakers and participants.
- Support the strategic goals of KAUST Research Centers (for Center events).
- Encourage KAUST and external students and postdocs to present their research and organize student/postdoc led sessions.
- Aid in the recruitment of leading and promising faculty, young researchers and students to KAUST.
All KAUST Research Centers and KAUST full time faculty are eligible to apply. Fresh ideas and timely conference topics from new applicants who are willing to put in the required effort to organize a successful event are especially encouraged.
NOTE: While it is hoped that the current health and travel situation will have improved considerably in time for proposed events, applicants must take into consideration that their conferences may still require a significant virtual aspect to them. Applicants should plan for this eventuality accordingly.
The timetable for the 2021 competition is as follows:
- OSR Announcement Date: January 25, 2021
- Submission Deadline: March 8, 2021 5:00 p.m. KSA time
- Anticipated Funding Decision Notification Date: May 2021
- Event Date Timeframe: July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022
The Call for Proposals and all necessary forms can be downloaded from the PALMS website. The download link is located at the top of the web page. Login is required and applicants can log in with their KAUST ID and password. All funding applications need to be submitted online through PALMS.
For further information on application and budgeting processes, please contact the Research Services (RS) Pre-Award Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.