under the program must enhance the global profile and impact of KAUST in
science and engineering and help attract faculty, students and
researchers to the University. KAUST is especially interested in funding
events that accomplish the following:
- Enhance KAUST visibility and international standing.
- Focus on cutting-edge interdisciplinary research topics that align with KAUST's research and education mission.
- Encourage free and safe discourse of new and unpublished results
- Provide excellent training and networking opportunities for KAUST faculty and students.
- Engage women, Saudi nationals and young researchers as speakers and participants.
- Support the strategic goals of KAUST Research Centers (for Center events).
Research Centers and KAUST full time faculty are eligible to apply.
Potential applicants are urged to consider the time and effort
commitments required for the organization of a successful event prior to
submitting an application.
The timetable for the 2016 competition is as follow:
The Call for Proposals and all
necessary forms are available as download documents from the PALMS web portal
The download link is located at the top of the web page. Login is required and
applicants will need to use their KAUST ID and password to log in. Applications
are to be submitted online through PALMS.
- Announcement Release/Posted Date : January 25, 2016
- Proposal/Budget Due to KAUST Research Services (RS): No later than 5:00 p.m. KSA time February 29, 2016
- Anticipated Funding Decision Notification Date: May 2, 2016
- Event Date Timeframe: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
The Call for Proposals content also available here
For further information on application and budgeting
process, please contact the Research Services (RS) Pre-Award Team at OSR.PreAward@Kaust.edu.sa